Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Schizophrenia

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Schizophrenia + Inappropriate language by nurses

Schizophrenia Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Schizophrenia Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Schizophrenia + Inappropriate language by nurses

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 pm

I have schizophrenia and it used to be a lot worse than it is now. I just would like other people's views on the language and way of talking that nurses use sometimes. I was sexually abusing myself with cans, however I found the way the nurses talked about the doctor in charge of me offensive and insulting. For example, one nurse implied she liked the doctor and could not really give me much help with giving me advice about my medication, my general health, wellbeing and physiology and what was going on mentally. It was clear she did not know the doctor very well and did not really like him. However, I virtually gave up my first degree early because of this nurse. I would just like to be treated with more respect in the future by nurses.

For example, I don't think that nurses really know the implication of their language sometimes and it often makes me anxious or paranoid if I recieve the wrong language from nurses, eg. that they have a more personal/close/understanding friendship/collegue relationship with the doctor than me. Personally speaking medical staff should be seperate and act seperate and should be fully competant to diagnose and discurse with a patient without having to consult each other. There should only be more than one staff present where it saves time or say in an operation situation, otherwise it really does lead to paranoia that they are discussing you behind you back!

Just my opinion, what does everyone else think?

HealthForum

Re: Schizophrenia + Inappropriate language by nurses

Unread postby andrad01 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 am

Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.

andrad01

Re: Schizophrenia + Inappropriate language by nurses

Unread postby deedar » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Have you tried this test
http://illnessquiz.com/schizophrenia-test/

deedar

Return to Schizophrenia