Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Meningitis

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Viral Meningitis side effects

Meningitis Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Meningitis Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Viral Meningitis side effects

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:55 am

Hello,

I was recently hospitalized for Viral Meningitis (admitted 28 Aug 2008 – Discharged 02 SEP 2008). I am a healthy 57 year old male.

I am hoping to find out more about the after effects of the disease.

My recovery seemed to go fairly normal for the first 2 weeks. All my mental capacities appeared to be normal. However, I noticed that about 3 weeks after being discharged, I started to experience some after effects – specifically difficulty in concentration, short-term memory lapses, ringing in the ears and clumsiness. These have persisted now for about 2 weeks and are still present today. I am becoming increasingly concerned that these after effects may be permanent. Can you tell me if these after effects (especially considering the timing – 3 weeks after discharge) should be cause for concern or am I being overly concerned about the pace of my recovery? Is it unusual for these after effects to present themselves 3 weeks after discharge?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance.....

HealthForum

Return to Meningitis