Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Sleep Disorders

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Feels Like Bed Is Shaking

Sleep Disorders Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Sleep Disorders Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Feels Like Bed Is Shaking

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Sometimes right before I fall asleep it feels as though the bed is shaking. The bed is in fact not shaking but it feels this way. It has happened at numerous houses. When this happens I am awake and I know whats going on and the shaking only stops if I sit up. If i lie back down it begins almost immediately. Any ideas?

HealthForum

Re: Feels Like Bed Is Shaking

Unread postby snapper238 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm experiencing the same thing. For me it's only recent and happens while I'm trying to fall asleep. It doesn't matter which way I lie, it still continues. I've tested the bed during the day and all seems fine. I thought it might be vibration from a nearby highway. Because you've experienced it in numerous houses, does that mean it's happening in different beds?

I've read theories ranging from ghosts to anxiety, but I'm leaning toward back/muscle spasms.

snapper238

Unread postby John6565 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi,
Sleeping disorder is bizarre disease it is a sleep disorder (somnipathy) is a medical disorder of the sleep patterns of a person or animal. Some sleep disorders are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental and emotional functioning. A test commonly ordered for some sleep disorders is the polysomnogram.

Thanks

Last edited by John6565 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John6565

Unread postby snapper238 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:34 am

Due to past experiences with RLS (restless legs) I know that I can become calcium/magnesium deficient. For this reason I did some further reading and it appears that this can also effect sleep. So for now, I'm back on the supplements and will see how it goes. So far, no shaking, but still having a bit of trouble falling asleep. Early days yet. :)

snapper238

Unread postby nicholjohns » Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 am

You are change your mentality,you are needed to think positive,when you are sleep at that time you are listen soft music and read the good story books,its helpful the sleep.

nicholjohns

Unread postby heryander » Tue May 31, 2011 5:42 am

Most of the people had a problem in sleeping this means that their health is not well, in many as if they sleep they feel like the bed is shaking, this is they mental thinking as the proplem is do to there mental disturbance, try to take care of the person and sleep is very much necessary for them.

heryander

Unread postby snapper238 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 am

A quick update: for me the calcium/magnesium supplement is working and has stopped the bed shaking...but, I'm still having trouble falling asleep, some nights. That part could be just too much on my mind!

snapper238

Unread postby snapper238 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 am

Another update. As previously mentioned "for me the calcium/magnesium supplement is working and has stopped the bed shaking". This prevents 'restless legs' syndrome, which I also get and is due to calcium being stored in muscles, hence not reaching my bones where it is needed. Also, I am falling asleep easily now. I think having the room cool (air conditioned) is helping. I have also read that cold packs placed on your head can aid sleep. For me, I'm happy to say, it is not my mental state :)

Mike22 your suggestion that lack of proper sleep is the problem...kind of sends a person around in circles ;)

snapper238

Unread postby snapper238 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 am

shelbywats wrote:Sleeping disorder has the main major reason is taking more stress and tension regarding some problems. You can't take a complete sleep in the night. Try to avoid these kind of stresses from your life. It will be suggested by many doctors and psychiatrist that to share your stress matter to your friends and close-ones. And try to make busy yourself in different kind of work.

If stress is not the problem, it must be physical or environmental.

snapper238

Unread postby luluyan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:29 am

I've never had this kind of feeling.But sometimes i will make a lot of dreams.It will influence my sleep.

luluyan

Next

Return to Sleep Disorders