Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Cancer Lymphoma

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Swollen gland in submandibular region

Lymphoma Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Lymphoma Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Swollen gland in submandibular region

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:25 am

I am 39 years old. What are the likely causes of a swollen gland or lymph node in the submandibular region of the neck present for over ten years? The swollen lump is roughly 2cm squared, a little lumpy, very firm, palpable, is pretty stationary in position and is tender when pressed on. My past medical procedures include removal of tonsils and adnoids at age 12 due to chronic inner ear infection and tonsilitis, and wisdon teeth removed at age 19. The lump will swell slightly when I am fighting an infection but never recedes back to a nomal size. So over the years it has increased slightly in size after tough boughts of sickness.

The same area on the other side of my neck is slightly swollen and hard, kind of lumpy but roughly 1.25 cm squared and has also been present for a long time; 10 years. Is cancer a likely outcome based on my medical history, leanth of time symptoms have been present and lack of any other symptoms? Your thoughts and answers are greatly appreciated.

HealthForum

Return to Lymphoma