Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Stop Smoking

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

lungs healing after quitting smoking ?

Stop Smoking Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Stop Smoking Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions. How to stop smoking, smoking risks.

lungs healing after quitting smoking ?

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:36 pm

I've heard quite a lot of different answers for this one. Some people say yes they do but it takes upwards of 10-20 years, and some people say no, they never completely heal and you're screwed for life.

I'm 19 and I had my first cigarette about a year and a half ago. I usually have 2-3 a week, sometimes less, but never more than 4 a week.

I notice that my chest becomes tight after running and that I run out of breath a little more easily but nothing aside from that. I'm not concerned with lung cancer as everyone in my family is a heavy smoker and no one has had lung cancer yet (i'm talking about a pack a day or more for 30 years for my grandparents who have never had lung problems period).

Any help would be appreciated.

HealthForum

Re: lungs healing after quitting smoking ?

Unread postby heryander » Tue May 31, 2011 5:32 am

The people who become the addict for them it is very difficult for them to quit smoking, and if they are able to control they suffer from the problem of lungs healing after quitting smoking,but it is very necessary for them to try to control by doing yoga, exercise and many other activities.

heryander

Unread postby mike22 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 am

That's really true. Smoking cause a lungs problem. So before quitting smoking, you have to consult your doctor.

Last edited by mike22 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike22

Unread postby Kenna » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:53 pm

I recently quit smoking cigarettes, but my pack a day habit has really torched my lungs. I am already excersizing (riding my bike about 12 miles a day), but I am curious if there is any other proactive measures I can take to speed up my recovery. I'm tired of coughing all the time.
wHAT CAN I DO......

Kenna

Unread postby ankit123 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 am

It will take to be normal..u suddnely quit it thats why its doing..It takes time to heal..

ankit123

Unread postby rickryne » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Well, Quitting smoking is good for health.Lungs are healthy after quitting smoking.Its also preventing the heart disease.After Quitting smoking you should always on complete balanced dieting.

rickryne

Unread postby RickyCraig » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Lung blight is the greatest accident agency associated with smoking. As the beef in your lungs activate to change in acknowledgment to cigarette chemicals (squamous cell), your accident of all blight types goes up.

RickyCraig

Return to Stop Smoking