Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Dental Health

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Retainer broken

Dental Health Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Dental Health Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Retainer broken

Unread postby HealthNut » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:41 pm

I have been wearing a retainer for 15+ years, and last night it finally broke. I am debating on whether or not I should get it fixed. If I go a few nights without wearing it, my teeth move, but not drastically. I have dental insurance, but it won't cover the repair. I'm afraid that if I don't get it fixed, my teeth will move so much that I will need braces again; however, if my teeth only move slightly and then stay in place, I could save the money. I asked my dentist and he pretty much said the decision was mine to make. What do you think I should do in this situation?

HealthNut

Re: Retainer

Unread postby edithculkins » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:11 am

The repair is not covered with your insurance? hmm seems like you had bought the wrong kind of dental insurance. It is ideal to get your retainers done or you might end up spending more money of fixing your teeth in the near future

edithculkins

Re: Retainer

Unread postby domtoreto » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:20 am

There are two main types of orthodontic retainers: fixed retainers and removable retainers. I would like to add that dental retainers are orthodontic appliances used to hold a patient's teeth in place after the dental braces are removed.

domtoreto

Return to Dental Health