Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Epilepsy

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Fits and shaking only at night ?

Epilepsy Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Epilepsy Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Fits and shaking only at night ?

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:18 am

Hi since 2005 I have been having fits of night in bed. I do not do it often and it has only just started again, I think it may be linked to stress but sometimes I am asleep and start to wake up to my body beginning to shake and its really quite scary. I am 19 now and never have fits in the day, sometimes my arms start shaking but thats it. My family has a history of epilepsy and my uncle had it really bad. Does anyone have any idea to what it may be? it only ever happens of a night!

HealthForum

Re: Fits and shaking only at night ?

Unread postby Audrey » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:55 am

There are several types of epileptic seizures, including those that happen while your are asleep. It is believed that they are triggered as the brain goes through the various sleep cycles such as REM (rapid eye movement) and non-REM sleep. It will be important for your physician to conduct the proper tests to see if you are having seizures in your sleep so he or she can start you on the right treatment program. Sleep-related seizures can cause a variety of symptoms

Audrey

Return to Epilepsy