Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Lungs and Respiratory Disorders

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Persistent shortness of breath with normal blood oxygen

Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Persistent shortness of breath with normal blood oxygen

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:51 am

For the past 4 months or so I've had these episodes of persistent shortness of breath that last for days/weeks at a time. I'm a 23 year old male.

I've had 4 EKGs and a chest X-Ray recently, all came back normal. Thyroid and blood work came back normal as well. The doc said my heart and lungs sounded good. Three years ago I had an echocardiogram done, which came back normal.

I went to an asthma doctor who did a pulmonary function test which came back normal. Whenever I go to the doctors and I have to put my finger on that blood oxygen meter I normally score 98-100%. Even when I'm short of breath I typically hit 600-650 in my peak flow readings.

So that's my problem, I have mild persistent shortness of breath throughout the day and as far as I can tell it's not my heart or lungs. Blood work suggests it's not my Iron or red blood cell count either. I'm at my wits end trying to get to the bottom of this...

HealthForum

Return to Lungs and Respiratory Disorders