Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Asthma

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Advice needed on asthmatic reaction to cats

Asthma Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Asthma Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Advice needed on asthmatic reaction to cats

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum and I could do some with advice please...

My partner has an allergy to cats. If he is scratched by one he goes red and itchy where he was scratched, and if he touches his eyes after touches one his eyes go all red and ithcy. But the major concern is that they bring out his asthma. After being in a house with cats for about an hour, his chest starts to tighten up and he wheezes when breathing.

When I moved in with him, I had to give up my beloved cats and I have been heartbroken ever since. We did try keeping once, and keeping the cat downstairs, hoovering every day etc, but after 2 weeks, his chest was beginning to tighten.

I know you may think it selfish of me, but I really want a cat, I have had them all my life, and I feel lost and very sad without one to love. Doing some research, I have seen that Siberian female neutered cats are particularly hypoallergic. I spoke to my partner about it and he is willing to try it. We thought maybe we could go visit the breeders home and spend some time around an adult cat for a while to see how he gets on. Although, I am concerned that if he is fine and we take a cat home, within a month, or even a year his astmatic reaction comes back, then we would have to rehome the cat.

Can anyone give us some advice? Have you been in a similar situation? What has helped you?

I would greatly appreciate any input.

HealthForum

Re: Advice needed on asthmatic reaction to cats

Unread postby ankit123 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:13 am

please consult to good doctor...it helpful to u..otherwise living like this is not the solution

ankit123

Re: Advice needed on asthmatic reaction to cats

Unread postby johnny1234 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Yes, its true. First you will go to good doctor and taking medical checkup. Then follow the doctor prescriptions.

johnny1234

Return to Asthma