Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Molluscum Contagiosum

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Molluscum Contagiosum

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Hello, I am a 22 year old male and I have molluscum contagiosum. I have done alot of research on this condition and am still a little confused. I spoke with a dermatologist and she said that this is a self resolving condition and not to worry because it will go away on its own, or I could have them burned off with liquid nitrogen which could be painful. However, I have also read where this condition can be associated with very serious health conditions. My last girlfriend as well as my current girlfriend and myself were all tested for stds over the course of the last several years, all were negative, so that eased my mind about anything serious. I just still don't know how I could have gotten it. I have about 20 to 30 lesions total, mostly on my lower abdomen and in the groin area, there are just a few on my thighs. The lesions do appear to be going away on their own. I have heard that once you have molluscum you build an immunity to it over time and once it is gone it is gone for good. Is this true? Any insight from someone familiar with this condition would be much appreciated, I worried myself sick about this now I am just trying to find the answers I need.

HealthForum

Return to Sexually Transmitted Diseases