Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Panic Attacks

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Sudden attack after exercise?

Panic Attacks Health Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Panic Attacks Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Sudden attack after exercise?

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Two weeks ago I felt dizzy and a racing heart from what I figured was dehydration. It was triple-digit Texas summer late afternoon full court basketball with guys in their 20s, after all. And I was playing hard. And sweating like a mother. And no shade. So that's what I thought it was. A friend drove me home, I drank water all evening, took a bath, slept. End of story.
The next week I'm playing and I'm way hydrated, trust me. Plus, I've dialed down the effort because I'm scared of that dizzy sensation, but after two games of half-court, I'm suddenly dizzy again and my heart is racing. So I thought, well, I'm damaged now, I'm way more susceptible to heat. Huh.
So today, I go for a run with our little 8 mo. old daughter in the baby jogger, it's 8:45am, partially cloudy, it is not hot at all, I am sweating however, and when we get to the park I stop running, put her in the baby swing, and just when I think everything's cool, I'm suddenly dizzy again and short of breath. Then it occurs to me: this is a panic attack. I was worried about heat, so this is what you get. I took her to the stroller and sort of breathed it off and we walked home.
Now it occurs to me that perhaps the first 2 basketball incidents were actually panic attacks too. I've put some stress on myself this summer (new job starting in August, kissed a woman who was not my wife, hadn't told her yet, etc.) (yeah, one is a no-brainer) and I wonder if physical exertion can trigger something? Both of them happened between games while resting. I was convinced the first one was dehydration, but I've played in those conditions a hundred times before, and never once felt dizzy. Can attacks just come out of nowhere, like BOOM you're dizzy and gasping? It used to be I could sense them coming.

Thanks for any help, if you can relate!
(P.S. I told her last night, and already feel better, more whole, I hope she doesn't divorce me, that's another topic, but today's run was only really possible because I felt better when I woke up...but then still had minor attack! It'll take time, I know.)

HealthForum

Re: Sudden attack after exercise?

Unread postby LavernMiler » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:46 am

Researchers have appear that the added blood pressure and heart rate related to exercise may breach cholesterolfilled plaques, acceptance a array to anatomy rapidly and cause a heart attack.Just as playing tennis or biking bound could activate an attack, so could active several blocks to catch a bus, pushing a adjourned car or moving abundant furniture around.

LavernMiler

Unread postby johnclark » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah you should consult with good Cardiac doctor to get proper treatment.

johnclark

Unread postby aarti111 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:49 am

Exercising or having sex just about triples a person's risk of heart ... risk of heart attack increased in the hours after exercising.

aarti111

Return to Panic Attacks