Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Gastric fistula between pouch and old stomach?

Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Gastric fistula between pouch and old stomach?

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:09 pm

After much pain, I saw my surgeon (RNY 2004) and after an endoscopy and several other tests by gastroenterologist found a large fistula that goes from my pouch to my old stomach. In other words the old stomach is open for business again, and food is not being routed the way the surgery intended. My GE indicated I should have surgery soon to correct this. However my surgeon says in the thousands of surgeries he's done he's never had a patient with a fistula that needed surgery. And most of my pain was on the right side so he wasn't sure that was my problem. I want the hole in my stomach repaired! He scheduled me another endoscopy for the GE to actually go down into my old stomach to check for ulcers. Does anyone have any experience with gastro-gastric fistulas?

HealthForum

Return to Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass