Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Arthritis

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Unique Idea for Arthritis

Arthritis Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Arthritis Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions. Arthritis symptoms and treatment.
NoFlam

Unique Idea for Arthritis

Unread postby kevinw » Fri May 25, 2012 2:34 am

Hello,

One idea on reducing the pain with arthritis has to do with weight lifting. The reason for this is because joints are connected to our muscles and when we strengthen our muscles we strengthen our joints. Plus strength training can lubricate joints, decrease bone loss and of course the pain too. :muscle

In one study involving patients that had moderate to severe knee arthritis scientists discovered that their pain was reduced by 43% with strength training. I wonder how they came up with 43%? I can just see someone getting interviewed after hitting the gym and explaining that his arthritis pain was 43% better.

Also I wonder how the pain is whiling going to the gym? Of course someone can also take some type of omega 3 fish oil supplement. It does work to reduce pain because it lowers inflammation, which is the cause of the pain and stiffness. Of course there is krill oil, DHA, EPA and many other choices, which is why it’s good to learn about this stuff before shopping.

What has your experience been with strenght training and arthritis? Does fish oil help with the pain?

kevinw

Re: Unique Idea for Arthritis

Unread postby allenmbrook » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 am

Fish oil helps in reducing the inflammation a lot. It is effective in Rheumatoid Arthritis also but the type of fish oil matters. The type of fish from which the oil should be derived must be salmon fish, tuna.

allenmbrook

Unread postby Jenie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 pm

O really? Fish oil is this much helpful? Thanks for sharing informative post.

Jenie

Unread postby darinacarter » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:39 pm

strenght training to cure arthritis sounds strange to me I haven't have n't heard this before. I think this may injure the joints.

darinacarter

Unread postby pryidevs » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:45 am

I never have this problem but still I confuse. Fish oil really helps??????? Arthritis is very bad I just hate....

pryidevs

Unread postby forumhealth » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:32 pm

i dont know how that study You mention in first post is named, but the improvement of arthritis may not be because you heavilly excercised your joints, but because body metabolism was better or similar indirect cause.
PS: i listen that milk products actually take away calcium out of the bones. Which may/may not be related to arthritis.

forumhealth
Site Admin

Return to Arthritis