Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Debate Forums Medical Marijuana Debate

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Marijuana and bipolar

Medical Marijuana Debate Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Medical Marijuana Debate Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Marijuana and bipolar

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Hello all,
First time on this forum….
So my life has had some major changes happening….
I had a pretty good schedule going on for about 2 years. I was on lamictal, seen my pdoc once a month, then he had me seeing a therapist 2 to 3 times a month. I went to the therapist because he said so, I did not really get much out of it. I honestly felt like a drug addict who just need that little piece of paper that would let me get my pills.
So a year ago I got laid off from my job, because of the economy. I tried to get health coverage, but quotes were coming in around 800 to a 1000 a month. And even had a few denial letters. Pre existing condition…..My former company did not offer cobra for some reason.
So do the math…
Pdoc-100.00
Lamicatl 350.00
Therapist 200 to 300 a month.
That is 650 to 750 a month.
Well this last year I have been dipping into my saving to keep up on my medication. Well savings is gone. My business has crashed because of the economy. I have been off meds for 2 months now. I have a college education, and I can’t find a job with health benefits. I am self employed and am averaging about 1400 a month give or take more on the take side.. It is not worth my while to take a job unless it offers health coverage. So I am having no luck. Since I have been off my meds, I have lost all productivity, and I am barley hanging on. A lot of anger issues. Sleeping has got all twisted around. About 4 weeks ago, I read some article about medical Marijuana. So I figured what the heck. Got a joint from a friend and gave it a shot.To my surprise it has helped out… Now I have not smoked pot since I was a teenager,(over 10 years ago) but I use it like this. 7am when I get up, I take 1 to 2 tokes. Then start my day. That is it. If I smoke to much it makes me paranoid. I smoke 3 to 4 times a week. Now it is no miracle drug. My symptoms un-medicated are major mood swings. Get agitated very easy. Have bouts of depression, not too often though. My sleeping pattern gets all out of control. Manic episodes. My mind processes faster than my body can, if that makes sense. Can’t remember anything. I have been diagnosed as bi polar, but not sure what type. My mom told me last week, that I am not that bad not being on meds, because I seem more mellow. She does not know of my self-medicating. Since I have been trying this marijuana thing, Most of my symptoms are under control. Level moods, Sleeping better. My mind is not racing which is helping my life get better organized. Is there anyone else out there who has had similar effects with Marijuana use. Am I heading down the wrong road and need to stop this asap….. Also Is there any government programs that help single males with no kids, who make just enough to survive, but can not afford insurance. Thanks for listening.
PS
I usually have a hard time keeping a job, which is why I like self employment.

HealthForum

Return to Medical Marijuana Debate