Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Eating Disorders

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Do I have to reveal my Eating Disorder to my Doctor?

Eating Disorders Health Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Eating Disorders Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Re: Do I have to reveal my Eating Disorder to my Doctor?

Unread postby roystonmunt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:27 am

Of course, you should tell the fact to your physician, wellness is the most essential.

roystonmunt

Unread postby suneetachauhan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am

Do some people really eat in their sleep? Learn more from WebMD about sleep-related eating disorders.

[URL=http://shaktiplasticindustries.com/ldpe-granuels]ldpe granules suppliers[/URL]
[URL=http://shaktiplasticindustries.com/ldpe-granuel]plastic granules suppliers[/URL]

suneetachauhan

Unread postby Reenakumari » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:15 am

Eating disorders often begin with the best of intentions -- a desire to lose weight and control eating.
[URL=http://www.ahaanhandicrafts.com/category.php?main_id=1&cat_id=2]glass beads manufacturers[/URL]
[URL=http://www.ahaanhandicrafts.com/category.php?main_id=1&cat_id=2]glass beads exporter[/URL]

Reenakumari

Unread postby mack551 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:03 pm

yeah definitely you should tell your doctor because he will help you with some medication or some useful advice or diets..

mack551

Unread postby Taajsgpm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:48 am

HealthForum wrote:I started purging 6 years ago, but I feel like I have some control over it now; however, I have developed some health issues that I know are related to my purging. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and I am taking medication for it. I had some lab work done and it showed low iron saturation and vitamin D deficiency. I go back soon to discuss the lab results with my doctor. I don't know if I should bring up my eating disorder if she can treat the health issues she knows about. I have not told her that I have frequent headaches and episodes of feeling lightheaded. I was hoping he headaches and lightheadedness was related to the blood pressure, but they have not stopped even though my blood pressure is undercontrol. I am 40 years old with a family; I would like to avoid telling them if possible; especially my two youngest children. Any advice would be appreciated.

To not reveal your real health issues to your own doctor is to chance your own death

Taajsgpm

Unread postby axery » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:54 am

Definitely yes you should reveal it with your doctor. Do it immediately don't let it to get worse.

axery

Unread postby jeanrose770 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:21 pm

I think that you absolutely should tell your doctor. Everything that you tell them is confidential. I understand that you would feel bad to tell, but your health is more important!

jeanrose770

Unread postby Shree1990 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Yup, you must. I did it. It wasn't humiliating and she immediately educated me about my actions.

Shree1990

Previous

Return to Eating Disorders