Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Mental Conditions

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

I talk to myself and want to be alone

Mental Conditions Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Mental Conditions Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

I talk to myself and want to be alone

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm a 21 years old female and my problem isn't so much about my emotions
as it is about my lack there of. I never get angry, depressed, sad, jealous or anything really. There are a few things that make me happy, sometimes mildly worried but that's about it. I highly dislike people and am in no hurry to be in any type of relationship. I just don't really care about anything. I'm not suicidal or anything, but I know that this is not normal.

I get stomach cramps and feel sick when around people too long, even my best friends and family members. I freeze up when around people and sometimes I stutter or I can't speak when introduced to new people. But I know this should bother me, but it doesn't. Anything I need, company or sexual satisfaction, I can take care of by myself. I don't even interact with people online (except with this)

The thing is, I'm only really concerned about this because my family is concerned. I only have two friends and I don't go out to meet people. Also I talk to myself a lot. I'm not talking to voices or anything, just myself, but sometimes I talk out loud and that worries people. I like to hold conversations with myself, usually explaining stuff to myself. I don't know why I do it, I just do.

I also have a vivid imagination and often play pretend with myself. Pretending people are there around me, talking about me. Or I pretend I'm talking to people, like a psychiatrist or tourist. Explaining things and such. Most of the time I'm silent about it, but occasionally I'll laugh out loud or roll my eyes for no reason, and people look at me weird. I'm even doing this while working and talking to people, I just can't turn off my mind.

HealthForum

Re: I talk to myself and want to be alone

Unread postby heryander » Tue May 31, 2011 5:44 am

Most of the time I also suffer from the same problem that I used to talk to myself and want to be alone, this is mainly happen when a person is in tension and he or she has being neglected from other, the tension lead to do him or her so.

heryander

Unread postby mimifr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 am

you should open your heart and talk with others.why do you aways keep silence, I think there are lots of interesting things in your life. why can't you find it and discuter with your friends.Like me, I'm always alone,but I try to find something to do.

Last edited by mimifr on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
mimifr

Unread postby jaspertailor » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:06 am

The main reason of the problem which you mention is because of some Stress or some kind pressure. To avoid this kind of thinking and problems you have to talk to your friends and relatives. Also you have to think positively and try to meet people and hang out with your friends.

jaspertailor

Unread postby HealthRoot » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:30 am

heryander wrote:Most of the time I also suffer from the same problem that I used to talk to myself and want to be alone, this is mainly happen when a person is in tension and he or she has being neglected from other, the tension lead to do him or her so.

You should live in Busy schedule. after than you wouldn't this type of problem....

HealthRoot

Unread postby carmineshelton » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:08 am

Sometimes, I also have an urge to talk to myself but I just shrug the idea off.

carmineshelton

Unread postby castillonewsom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:46 am

You just need to concentrate on your favorite work to avoid depression and don't think much more for negative points because it will stop you to do any work. Meet with your friends and relative to make a good mood and you will feel good after talk.

castillonewsom

Unread postby sundersingh259 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm

hiiiiiiiiii
i read your post. Your story tells about you that you are a very emotional and sensitive person.
You must work your property. you take your busy every time and do something as you can.
Don't separate your self, mix in the environment and do some exercises.
that makes you happy..

sundersingh259

Unread postby jeanrose770 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Sounds like you are an empath. Just a highly sensitive and emotionally in tune person. Having a personality like this makes it very easy if almost inevitable to pick up off of everyone else's energy around you. Oftem time crowds and large social gatherings can be almost stressful for you because of the whirlwind of constant energy going on around you.
As a highly sensitive person it is very important to keep routine and some sort of active meditation. It is also important to keep that social factor in your life but you can have the few close friends and family that you are the most comfortable with.
Dont shut yourself off from the outside world, there are plenty of other people out there that view life the same way and all they need is a connection and a friend. Just like you!

jeanrose770

Unread postby Shree1990 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:41 am

I actually relate to most of what you said. And people do look at me weird. Having just 2 friends that you trust completely is not at all unhealthy. The stuff you are talking about, if it is only explanations of what you see, then I speak for all of us, we all do that to a certain degree. This was actually also a sign of genius. Curiosity, and since very few people nowadays are interested in such chats, some of us entertain ourselves with them. I would probably only assess the content of my chats and understand from them exactly why is this thought occurring and why am I not telling anyone this. Most times I fear I will be ridiculed, and I am right sometimes, but sometimes I do find people who are just as crazy as me.

Shree1990

Return to Mental Conditions