Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Womens Health Hysterectomy

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Period After Partial Hysterectomy

Hysterectomy Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Hysterectomy Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Period After Partial Hysterectomy

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:16 pm

I am 37 years old and a year and a half ago I had a partial hysterectomy because of severe anemia and fibroids. Well since the surgery I have noticed some spotting some months and more recently a near full period. Well I went to my normal GYN and she told me that the doctor that performed the partial hysterectomy left part of my uterus or the lining or whatever which is causing mini periods. I thought all that was supposed to be left was my ovaries. Is this common for a doctor to do this and NOT even mention this to the patient? After all the purpose of the surgery was to stop my menstrual cycle because of my anemia. Please help. I am considering legal action. And I am scared. I do not want to under go another surgery but my anemia is severe and I feel helpless. I can not believe this is not over. Crying or Very sad

HealthForum

Return to Hysterectomy