Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Cholesterol

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

High Cholesterol (ways to reduce)

Cholesterol Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Cholesterol Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

High Cholesterol (ways to reduce)

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:44 am

Hello,

I am a 29 year old male that has elevated cholesterol. (Total Cholesterol = 281). I have known that I have had high cholesterol for several years, but cannot seem to make it go down. I eat relatively healthy, I have oatmeal for breakfast, cold cut sandwich on wheat bread, fruit, & pretzels for lunch, and for dinner I eat chicken/pork/pasta with vegetables. I eat this same meal 80% of the week. Only exceptions are when we go out for dinner (once a week) where I will eat a steak or fish or veal. Occassionally we order pizza for dinner and on Sundays we eat at the local diner which I will typically have an omelet. I RARELY eat fried or fast foods and my only bane is cheese, I do like cheese and keep blocks of it at home, which I snack on 2-3 times a week. I do not eat any Ice cream, soda, or chips. I do not like sweets, so do not typically eat chocolate, cake, brownies, cookies, or the like. I take a multivitamin every day and play competitive sports & workout 3 times a week. I consider myself in very good health & physical condition. However, every time I do a health screening I get a high cholesterol result. Can anyone suggest other ways to reduce cholesterol?

Thank you!

HealthForum

Re: High Cholesterol (ways to reduce)

Unread postby forumhealth » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 am

Maybe if one has a high cholesterol it can be good to reduce usage of greases and amount of body stress. Then increasing physical work on regular basis. Like walking instead of using car, gardening and such works.

forumhealth
Site Admin

Unread postby jeneywinslet » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 am

High cholesterol is effected for the body.More cholesterol effect to heartatack and other heart problem.when in the body cholesterol is high than you go with doctor and take medicine under doctor guidance.

jeneywinslet

Unread postby rocksmeth » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 am

There are many ways are available to reduce high cholesterol like: Weight loss, Eat heart healthy foods, Daily exercise and Quite smoking.

rocksmeth

Unread postby wiopdaker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:40 am

To reduce high cholesterol levels, two things are very important and that is diet and exercise. Without them you won't be able to reduce it. Don't eat oily or high calories food if you instantly want to reduce it and regularly do exercise in the morning.

wiopdaker

Unread postby Ianbriganza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 pm

To lower the cholesterol levels, drink two glasses of orange juice daily in the morning, eat small meals throughout the day, use olive oil in the food and drink black tea or green tea.

Ianbriganza

Unread postby obadiahsparrow » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:50 am

Here are some best ways. Avoid to drink coffee. Eat five or six meals a day. Eat more fiber and seafoods. Avoid eating salty and fatty foods. Quite smoking and reduce stress. Drink fruits juice. Do some aerobics exercise.

obadiahsparrow

Unread postby ferrymok » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 am

To reduce high cholesterol levels, avoid to eat fried food, includes fresh fruits and veggies in your diet. Eat more fiber and less calories and always prefer steamed and boiled dishes.

ferrymok

Unread postby MarkJhonshon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:47 am

To decrease high-cholesterol, practice an appropriate amount of regular exercise, decrease the amount of grains and sugars in what you eat, avoid excessive smoking and alcohol and eat plenty of nutritional eating plan .

MarkJhonshon

Unread postby Edric Marshall » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Cholesterol is a very big problem of fatty people. For that you have to take the help of nature products. Avoid the eating habit of heavy food. Avoid the taking habit of oily food. Drink more and more amount of green tea.

Edric Marshall

Next

Return to Cholesterol