Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Appendix and Appendicitis

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Right side pain after appendectomy

Appendix and Appendicitis Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Appendix and Appendicitis Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Right side pain after appendectomy

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm 18 years old. 3 years ago I had my appendix removed. 4 weeks after the surgery, I started getting pain in my right side in the area where the appendix was. 3 years and multiple doctors later, the pain is worse than ever. It's not a matter of when I get it, it's when it's not as bad. I have it all the time. Severe stabbing and cramping pain. I can't go to school 3 out 5 days a week. It's unbearable. Vicodin, etc doesn't touch it. No painkillers do. One doctor now says scar tissue that's cramping my abdomen and told me to take fiber. A pain management doctor is treating me for nerve entrapment from the surgery. I had one shot in the nerve a month ago that took the pain away for 5 days. The next shot did nothing. Anyone else go through this?

HealthForum

Re: Right side pain after appendectomy

Unread postby vstar » Fri May 06, 2011 4:21 am

HI, you poor thing, I had my appendix out in February, recovered ok from surgery, back to work 2weeks later, but I do have been getting severe pain in lower right stomach over appendix area that is stabbing and shooting and cripples me for anywhere between a few seconds and a few minutes, this is happening more often as time goes on and is with me everyday now, I cant do any of the activities I used to including sex as the pain is so bad, it sometimes radiates up towards my ribs and into lower back, I have put of going to the doctor as I don't have faith in them being a Naturopath myself, I have tried to rest, tried to exercise, tried herbs but to no relief, I was hoping it would just pass but after reading your case perhaps it wont, Im going to go to the doctor and ask him to refer me for tests as I want a CT Scan, WBC Count, check for infection, scar tissue, nerve damage, abscess, or if perhaps they didn't clamp the bowel off when it was removed and it is leaking.....whatever the case its awful to live with and I hope to find relief and hope you do too, let me know if things get sorted for you.

vstar

Re: Right side pain after appendectomy

Unread postby mike22 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:44 am

Appendectomy can be easily detected now. But you don't ignore this.

mike22

Return to Appendix and Appendicitis