Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Stop Smoking

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Sad feelings, depression, and nicotine withdrawal

Stop Smoking Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Stop Smoking Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions. How to stop smoking, smoking risks.

Sad feelings, depression, and nicotine withdrawal

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:35 pm

resently found out my 41 year old sister as empysema, really need to stop smoking myself. this is my 5th day on champix and i not stopped crying on it. i feeling very very unhappy on this drug but also dont wanna let it beat me. its actually working as i really cut down but i hate feeling so sad.

HealthForum

Re: Sad feelings, depression, and nicotine withdrawal

Unread postby Kenna » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Some people find it so easy to quit smoking because they have only one problem they're dealing with, and that is the lifestyle, the environment, the habit , the rituals and routines of smoking. Their nicotine addiction itself is not very strong and when they make a decision to quit smoking, they don't have severe withdrawal symptoms, they don't feel terrible, they lay their cigarettes down and they go about their way. This is once they make up their mind. About 10-20% of the population of smokers find it easy to quit smoking. The vast majority find it much more difficult because the way they feel, their withdrawal symptoms or their whole life environment is just wrapped around their smoking in such a way that holds them very tightly. There are other underlying conditions that you need to consider, too, such as depression or other mood disorders for which cigarette smoking really makes someone feel much better and when they quit smoking their symptoms significantly increase to the point where they find life unmanageable. So the long risk people, I call them, are the ones who aren't heavily addicted, they don't have to smoke the first thing when they wake up in the morning, they can go for hours without minding having a cigarette. Those people, when they quit, don't have much that pulls them back in. But the people who have a very strong addiction, a brain chemistry disorder set up by their nicotine dependence, and when they have an underlying condition that makes them want the cigarette to treat that problem, those individuals have a much more difficult time quitting smoking, and need professional help. But with that help they can be just as successful in the long run.

Kenna

Unread postby jaspertailor » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:26 am

To quite smoking you have to prepare mentally your self that you don't need it. Change your mind set and and change your lifestyle. It is not that much to quite smoking so just try to avoid it. There are also some meditation, Exercise and medicine available which can help you quite smoking.

jaspertailor

Unread postby bilyjoyece » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:52 pm

To be honest I acclimated to anticipate abasement was a bloom action humans acclimated as an alibi not to breeze aback into life. It wasn't until I was faced with the action abasement that I became a accurate accepter in this brainy illness. I knew that if I anytime capital to get my activity back, I had to apprentice how to action abasement effectively.

bilyjoyece

Unread postby oliviamia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Look at what you are doing - 400 toxic chemicals,stinky clothes,money etc. Once you get sick you will think of all those clouds of smoke you inhaled and feel so guilty. Smoking is super addictive as you and your sister know. Be strong and quit now - go out for a nice walk daily and breath some nice fresh air - YOU CAN DO IT !

oliviamia

Return to Stop Smoking