Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Womens Health Fertility

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

What is IVM?

Fertility Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Fertility Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

What is IVM?

Unread postby Oliviaoak » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Greetings to you all! I am Olivia. I want to share with you something that has been my problem for a while now. I will appreciate if you do not only read but drop comments that will be of help to me. I have been in and out of several relationships in the past 10 years. I am 43 years old presently. I spent most of my late teenage years as a bar tender in a down town bar in Glencoe, Chicago. One of the things that never crossed my mind back then was the whole idea of a family. In fact, I never fancied such a life. I just wanted to live to life and don’t just care. I did a lot of things back then I now regret today. I could give you a long list of birth control measures and drugs which I used back then to take care of the mistakes that resulted from my carelessness. If I am to be specific, I have been in and out of about 13 relationships in the past 10 years. In case you don’t know, 13 relationships mean having to use contraceptives pretty often and in some extreme mistakes, abortion. I was not ready to have kids of my own yet; never thought of it. As life would have it, I had started to turn a new life style at age 38. Had a loving boyfriend who was ready to take me to the aisle, had a clerical job running on my part and all the mature family stuff. It was then I had decided to take in but as it stands, it seems Karma has gotten hold of me; speaking with a depressed heart right now. I have carried out a series of tests; luckily my womb is still intact. The issue now is that for some months now I have been taking some fertility drugs but nothing is working. After a recent test was conducted, the doctor recommends that I under an IVM, he said there was a serious side effect as a result of the drugs I have been taking and asked I stopped taking the drugs immediately. Now I don’t really know much about this IVM. I have heard about IVF and even when I tried to ask the doc if he meant IVF, he still said IVM. Please who has an idea about that here; I will really appreciate your comment. Also, I do not know if this method will solve my problem.

Olivia Oak

Oliviaoak

Re: What is IVM?

Unread postby lilian » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:27 pm

IVM simply means In Vitro maturation. It is a type of infertility treatment which can be used in extreme cases of child bearing complications. Mostly used when we have severe side effects from over exposure to fertility drugs. If the doctor recommended that for you, he sure knows what he is doing.

lilian

Unread postby alicia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Never heard of IVM before. Will love to know more please. Lilian could you please explain more, is it a better method than IVF?

alicia

Unread postby elen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:57 pm

This is interesting! IVM? Will certainly do some research on that. As to whether it is better than IVF?, I seriously doubt that.

elen

Unread postby untumbu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Touching story; I will advice you to go through it even though i have little idea about what it is all about. Its not easy my dear. Just take things easy; we will conquer!

untumbu

Unread postby stella » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 pm

We really pass through a lot as women. Just imagining how women in the developing countries who do not have access to these level of healt science will cope. Can there be lasting solutions to these infertility problems?

stella

Unread postby sally » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:47 pm

In Vitro Fertilisation still remains the best method of treating infertility problems. IVM is only applied in far more extreme cases. My advice; the doctor is right to recommend IVM for you. I suggest you go for it.

sally

Unread postby deri » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:02 pm

I just saw this post by accident. It is really a serious problem for you Given. I don't know anything about IVM my dear, but if it is the doctor's recommendation, i advice you go for it. Thanks and wish you success.

deri

Unread postby marvis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 pm

The doctor is right. Go for the IVM if you have the financial resources to back it. It can be quite expensive

marvis

Unread postby beatrice » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm sorry about your life my dear. Its a difficult world we live in. You just have to do what you must if you want to see results.

beatrice

Next

Return to Fertility