Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Womens Health Infertility

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Just need your advice!

Infertility Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Infertility Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions. Getting pregnant.

Just need your advice!

Unread postby KattyK » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi, everybody! I need your help. I’m 46 years old, and I want to be a mum very much. I’m married to a nice man who is 5 years younger than me. We are really happy together and dream to have a baby son or a baby daughter. As I’m already in my late 40s, the doctors advise me to take a donor egg to conceive a healthy baby. My hubby and I tried to do it naturally, but I’ve already had one miscarriage, so we decided not to take any risks.
Both of us are British, but we live in Germany at present. Unfortunately, egg donation is forbidden here, and we decided to go somewhere to try our luck. Actually, we’ve got interested in Ukraine as our destination. We’ve contacted several Ukrainian reproductive clinics in Kiev, and here are our feedbacks about both of them.
The first clinic is Biotexcom. We visited it the first, and were really shocked by the things we saw there. Firstly, the clinic turned to be really tiny. It’s located in a two-storied private villa.
As for me, I don’t think that a respectable clinic should be so tiny.
We didn’t like the atmosphere at this clinic. It was so overcrowded and noisy, that I started to have an immediate headache.
Several words about the clinic’s staff. The clinic has so many patients, that’s why the staff is always extremely busy. I understand this, but I can’t understand why they treat their patients so formally. The woman at the reception desk was extremely unfriendly. She showed us by her facial expression that she was bored to death by our questions, and it would be better if we stop asking her at all.
We liked the doctor who spoke with us, but she didn’t turn off her cell phone while talking to us. She had a call, and she answered to it. For me it was a little bit impolite.
Several words about the other clinic… It’s name is Isida, and it’s also situated in Kiev. We also liked the way the clinic’s representatives spoke with us. When we entered the hall, we were surprised by the quiet atmosphere. There wasn’t anybody in the hall except us. The clinic administrator was very courteous to us. She followed us to the doctor’s office immediately. The doctor talked to us very friendly, but, frankly speaking, I had a bad impression after this talk.
We didn’t sign up a contract with any of these clinics… We decided to go home and take time to think everything over.
Now there is a question which clinic to trust???

KattyK

Re: Just need your advice!

Unread postby Starwoman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi, KattyK. I’m really sorry that you haven’t succeeded in your ED journey. It’s really bad that they made you wait in the queue. If you don’t feel comfortable with them, it’s better to quit them at once. I would also recommend you to check their success rates. If they are rather high, it means they really effective one. I wish you good luck, dear!

Starwoman

Unread postby KattyK » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 am

Hi, Starwoman. Really glad to meet you. The thing is I’ve found quite a lot of feedbacks about the clinic on various fertility forums. They were ok. I’ve even read about the fact that the clinic helped a 66-year-old woman to conceive and give birth to healthy twins. For me, it was incredible. However, I disliked the fact that they made us wait in the queue.

KattyK

Unread postby Starwoman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:37 pm

If I were in your shoes, I would check they way they’re going to choose egg donors for their patients. For me, it’s the key moment in choosing the clinic. The woman who would donate her eggs to you must be totally healthy. She should be young with healthy heredity. I would advise you to check everything properly. You may contact the clinic’s and ask them how they choose the egg donors. You may also google some information about it.

Starwoman

Unread postby KattyK » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:44 pm

I quite agree with you, hun. I think loads of things depend on the donor whose eggs we’re going to use for our ED program.The clinic we’ve contacted deals with egg donors who are from 18 to 25 years old. The woman must be totally healthy: both physically and mentally. She must have a healthy heredity. Even her close relatives (parents, grandparents, siblings, uncles and aunts) must be healthy and don’t have any hereditary diseases. If the woman matches all these requirements, she may become an egg donor.

KattyK

Unread postby Starwoman » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:41 am

I see, dear! The things you’ve written about sound nice, but how are they actually going to find an egg donor for you? I don’t think it’s easy to do. Every person is unique. It’s really difficult t find two similar people in the world. Even twins have slight differences between each other. So why don’t you want to adopt?

Starwoman

Unread postby KattyK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Finding two similar people is really difficblt. However, I don’t care much about it. I want to get pregnant as soon as possible and give a birth to my baby. I’m really grateful to a lady who agrees to share her eggs with me. And if my child won’t resemble me greatly, I won’t love him less. When we visited clinic for the first time, we passed then a short description of a woman who would suit us as an egg donor. The clinic’s representatives told us that they would use a special software to find an appropriate donor from their donors’ database. If we sign up a contract with them, we’ll be able to see a donor’s 3D photo.

KattyK

Unread postby Starwoman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Sounds great, dear! It’s really amazing that they’ll give you an opportunity to see a donor’s photo. However, will they charge any additional fee for this? I know that fertility clinics like to charge additional fees from their clients. My female cousin used to cycle in Moscow, Russia. They liked the initial price and the clinic seemed to be ok. The only minus was a big amount of additional tests they had to do to start their program. This made the final sum really huge and their purse empty.

Starwoman

Unread postby KattyK » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 pm

I don’t think they would charge any additional fees from us. At least, they shouldn’t do this… We have to sign up a contract with the clinic. According to this contract, the clinic will charge only a fixed sum from us. As we’re going to book several shots, this sum will be divided into several installments. For us, it’s really very handy. The payment may be made either in cash or via a bank transfer…

KattyK

Unread postby DarkDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi, ladies. I decided to write here cause I also plan to do egg donation soon. Like you you, KattyK, I’ve got interested in one Ukrainian clinic. However, my hubby and I are a little bit afraid to go there. The latest news tells that the country is at war. So is it safe to go there? We will go to Kiev. Is Kiev a safe place?

DarkDuck

Next

Return to Infertility