Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Womens Health Menopause

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Libido decreases with menopause?

Menopause Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Menopause Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Libido decreases with menopause?

Unread postby shalma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:15 am

Is it true that libido decreases after menopause? What other things should I expect. I am already 39 years old and still having monthly menstruation, but it's shorter than two months ago. I'm thinking that I might be approaching menopausal stage already.

shalma

Re: Libido decreases with menopause?

Unread postby CharlesWood » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:12 pm

Decreased Desire i read in this website www.fatlossbeginner.com

CharlesWood

Unread postby divyalal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:52 pm

The loss of estrogen and testosterone following menopause can lead to changes in a woman's body and sexual drive. Menopausal and postmenopausal women may notice that they're not as easily aroused, and they may be less sensitive to touching and stroking. That can lead to less interest in sex

divyalal

Unread postby Arose » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 am

It is true that libido may be affected by menopause transition. Typically, this is the time when a woman experiences falling estrogen levels. They experience hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and night sweats-all which undermine sexual motivation drive. Also, a decrease in testosterone which occurs in midlife may also impact on sexual sensation and sexual drive. Of course, some women may undergo an abrupt menopause which may result from removal of ovaries. It leads to a drop in estrogen and testosterone. Such women may suffer from a greater reduction in desire for sex than those experiencing natural menopause. So in your case, you could be approaching menopause. That is why you are experiencing lighter periods, and soon a reduction in estrogen level may reduce your libido. According to studies, menopause comes with a lot of changes which may affect their sexual desires. This makes it difficult for them to be excited sensually and leads to reduced libido. So I would advise that you remain vigilant now that you are approaching menopause

Arose

Return to Menopause