Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Eating Disorders

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Selective Eating Disorder

Eating Disorders Health Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Eating Disorders Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Selective Eating Disorder

Unread postby HealthForum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Hello. Almost since I can remember myself I have been very difficult with food. I had no problem eating(not anorexic or something like that) but I was very "picky" at what I accepted to eat. There were several kinds of foods that I had "banned" from my diet and never considered eating them(every time I gave it a try I wanted to vomit). That included cheese(all),vegetables(especially tomato), all kinds of sauces (like mustard, mayonese, ketchup) and anything creamy. In other words I wanted my food to be "dry". 90% of the meals I eat are some kind of meat or fish accompanied by potatoes or rice. Popular foods like pizza or cheetos snacks are also in the ban list (technically anything that involves even tiny amounts of some food that I dont eat is banned)
It never really troubled me until now. I feel like i want to normalize my eating habits but I havent succeeded. Any time I try to eat something that I am not used to i nauseate. Any advices?

HealthForum

Re: Selective Eating Disorder

Unread postby alysiawarn » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Selective eating disorder also known as perseverative feeding disorder, it is an eating disorder that prevents the consumption of certain foods. It is common in young people with autistic spectrum disorders.

alysiawarn

Unread postby pheromones05 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:06 am

I'm thirteen and suffer with selective eating disorder. Due to this, I've had a pretty poor diet and, thus, am now overweight at eight stone. Are there any tips on how I can lose weight, despite the fact that I can't really eat many types of food?

eczema

pheromones05

Unread postby harryswillamis » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 am

Eating is good for the health as well as for the fitness of the body as healthy eating lead to have good health. It is necessary for a person to do the selective eating as it lead to have a proper growth and development of the body.

harryswillamis

Unread postby hanery » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Eating disorders are dangerous, complex disorders that arise from a variety of issues. One of the best ways to prevent eating disorders in yourself and others is to adopt healthy attitudes and behaviors about body shape and weight. Here are some tips which helps you to avoid eating disorder such as manage dieting, Manage stress, Regular Exercise, Keep food dairy, take enough sleep, Eat 3 meals a day with fruits plus healthy snacks.

hanery

Unread postby ReflectDown » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 am

My Aunt suffers from this issue as well, so I guess this thoughts and information will be a huge bonus and handful too.

ReflectDown

Unread postby adolphhoghe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Consuming is good for the health as well as for the fitness of our body as healthy eating cause to have health. It is necessary for a person to do the selective eating as it cause to have a proper growth of our body .

adolphhoghe

Unread postby obadiahsparrow » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 am

In this kind of situation there is only one solution that compromise with your self for some time and than after you will be trained with that particular only, so you will be feel to be ready for both and you will be get positive result also. For always all positive persons and humans done positive.

obadiahsparrow

Unread postby openxcellaus » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:38 am

No worry if you are over weight, you have to do regular exercise for reducing the weight. And follow tips which helps you to avoid eating disorder like eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water and juices, and take sleep proper.

openxcellaus

Unread postby biphedadrene » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:46 am

selective eating disorder could be bad if you didn't have healthy food in your diet.i want to suggest that only you can change this disorder by making yourself strong mind to eat healthy food.

biphedadrene

Next

Return to Eating Disorders