Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Mental Health Eating Disorders

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

eating since quitting smoking

Eating Disorders Health Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Eating Disorders Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

eating since quitting smoking

Unread postby Taajsgpm » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:44 pm

I quit smoking and Im eating like a pig, I feel like Id be better off smoking what can I do ?

Taajsgpm

Re: eating since quitting smoking

Unread postby forumhealth » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 pm

i would not bother much about my eating habbits untill i completelly get rid off smoking habit. Then maybe focus on improving eating habits after you are safelly done with smoking.. Or find something healthy what you can eat & do not buy unhealty things you dont wish to eat. When you dont buy unhealthy food, it is out off your sight

forumhealth
Site Admin

Re: eating since quitting smoking

Unread postby Shree1990 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 am

Oh yeah, I remember that. It is this psychological habit of hand to mouth that triggers that eating stuff. So you need to trick your brain. I kept a bottle of water with lemon slices around me at all times. It helped with the hand to mouth action and I was doing my body a favour by fuelling it with water instead. The lemon also helped suppress my hunger over all. When you feel like eating, it is only your body asking you to repeat that habit of bringing your hand to your mouth, so do that but with water. It may feel phoney in the beginning and then you will want to go back to eating or smoking but this is where you can dictate your brain and tell it to respond the same way as it did to food or cigarettes. The habit of drinking water must be mindfully instilled as a replacement habit.

Shree1990

Return to Eating Disorders