Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Conditions and Diseases Epilepsy

Interesting: MMS is said to heal 97% of the disease: quantumleap.is

Epilepsy medicine side effects

Epilepsy Forum
Forum rules
Welcome to the Epilepsy Forum - a health community featuring member and doctor discussions ranging from a specific symptom to related conditions, treatment options, medication, side effects, diet, and emotional issues surrounding medical conditions.

Epilepsy medicine side effects

Unread postby HealthForum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:19 am

Hello
My sister has epilepsy and taking medicine since she was 15. She is now 24 still has seizures about once a month. She is taking depakin chrono 500mg includes Sodium valproat tablet(sodium valproat 333mg, valproik acid 145mg, excipients:titan dioxyde and sodium sakkarin) and topamax 25 mg every morning and night.The thing is she going to take these medicines forever? These medicines makes her forgetful. Is it normal Can she change medicine : using other that makes same effect. Could you inform me?
Regards..

HealthForum

Re: Epilepsy medicine side effects

Unread postby Audrey » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:43 am

Any change in the medicine may affect her a lot. Do not change any medications prior consulting to the doctor.

Audrey

Re: Epilepsy medicine side effects

Unread postby forumhealth » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 am

Hello, i think your sister can change medicine while it has bad effects on her. Issue with depakine Chrono and probably others anti-epilepsy pills is that it requires slow stoping (like up to a few years i think), you canot cut it one day. You always should consult it with doctor.

I also have been taking Depakine Chrono 500mg for around 6 years and before around month after slow stopping im completelly without medication!!

I think one should try to relieve stress, do detoxication, change eating patterns to eat healthy. Stress is most important on that i think..

forumhealth
Site Admin

Return to Epilepsy